ScheduleFlock publishes 2 issues per year. A general issue in the spring and a theme issue in the fall.
We are open for:
- Lullaby submissions. Submit and see guidelines in the "Lullaby Audio Album" category below.
- We will open to submissions for our spring issue (poetry, creative nonfiction, and fiction) on July 31.
- The submission period for our next fall theme issue, VANISHING POINT, will begin in spring 2018.
- Artwork and Haiku Reviews (considered year-round).
Simultaneous submissions: We accept and encourage simultaneous submissions. If your work is accepted elsewhere, please withdraw it from submittable and let us know.
Typography: We do not have strict guidelines on how you format your work so long as it is comfortably readable. Times New Roman, 12 point font is an acceptable go-to.
Fiction & Creative Nonfiction
Graphic LiteratureShort graphic literature is considered for publication on our blog/online magazine. We don't have a strict cap on number of pages, but it is uncommon for us to accept graphic literature over 25 pages in length.
NovellasWe are not currently open for novella submissions.
Novellas should range between 15K-40K words and graphic novellas should range between 30-75 facing pages. These should be submitted in their respective categories on submittable.
PoetrySubmit up to five previously unpublished poems, and/or prose poems in one file. No book-length poems. We are eager to receive your poetry of all and varied forms and styles.
We accept artwork of all kinds, including paintings, photographs, digital and mixed media art, etc. See our back issues to get a sense of our aesthetic.
Please include up to fifteen images, preferably in one submission either as multiple image files or 1 PDF or zip file (in the case of a PDF submission, we will need high resolution image files upon acceptance). We ask that artists send a specific set of images that they feel will cohere well within a literary journal and represent their artistic vision.
The Gypsy Sachet Award in Letters & Autobiography
*Haikus that are not book reviews can be submitted in the regular poetry category.
Color artwork will be considered for cover art. Black and white artwork will be considered for cover and interior art.
We review artwork for our general issues and theme issues year-round. To see what theme issues are planned, review the general guidelines a the top of the page.
Short graphic literature is considered for publication on our blog/online magazine. Black and white graphic literature will occasionally be considered for print. We don't have a strict cap on number of pages, but it is unlikely we will accept graphic literature over twenty-five pages in length.
- Artworks which include text should be submitted into the artwork category.
- Fiction or poetry which include any artwork should be submitted in the fiction or poetry categories, respectively.
- Please note that it is unlikely we will accept work submitted into the artwork or graphic literature category that merely attaches an image to a poem or text.